Sports Competition Meal
July 27, 2011 by RobZ
My pre-competition meal is packed with 3 powerful ingredients – complex carbohydrates, my favorite protein powder and good healthy fats that provide me with proper nutrients to perform at my best.
Here’s what you need…
- 1/2 cup whole grain oats
- 12 oz water
- dash of salt
- 40 grams of high quality protein
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- Mix the oats, water and salt together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in protein, flaxseed oil and blueberries.
One serving equals: 333 calories, 5g fat, 32g carbs, and 40g protein.