Chicken Wrapped Asparagus w/Goat Cheese
April 24, 2016 by RobZ
This is a great meal for cutting calories and dropping weight. Watch your portion size in order to stay within your daily calorie goal. Chicken is packed with plenty of protein – just what you need for building your muscles. Servings: 4-6
Here’s what you need:
- 3-4 chicken cutlets (or regular chicken breasts, sliced horizontally)
- goat cheese (about 2 ounces per wrap)
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1-2 eggs
- panko (mixed with your favorite seasonings) – for your friends 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. The first thing we’re going to do is rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag, then pound it with the smooth side of a mallet. You will want to pound them to approximately 1/4-1/2″ thick.
- Lay the chicken down on a cutting board, and place a 1-2″ piece of goat cheese and 4-5 pieces of asparagus on the center of each cutlet. I know that working with raw chicken is not very fun – but I promise, we are almost done. Wrap the chicken around the goat cheese and asparagus, and secure with 1-2 toothpicks.
- For your friends 🙂 Prepare egg wash (1-2 eggs + a tablespoon or two of water) in one dish. In a separate dish, add the panko and your seasonings of choice.
- Once the cutlet is seasoned and dredged in the panko mixture, place on a foiled lined baking sheeting while you repeat with the rest of the chicken cutlets. Dredge each cutlet in the egg wash followed by the panko mixture.
- Now bake for about 30 minutes – just long enough for the cheese to melt and for the panko breading to turn a delicious golden brown.